Saturday, November 29, 2008

a stop along the way. . .

There is an abandoned house that i love that I see on my drive between Ohio and Pennsylvania. I have stopped before and took pics of this house, there is something that draws me in. I was shivering from the cool wind, and my honey was sleeping in the passenger seat. I had to stop on Thanksgiving when it was a the perfect time of day, before dinner, when the lighting was just right, I had to stop again. I walked through the mushy mud and snow to get to the porch and take some quick photos. The soul of this place shines through the rubble and the wear of the years. The windows and the doors open to the world, accepting the light and the darkness. Open, with nothing to hide.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle
Thanks for stopping by my blog and the nice comment. Your pictures are pretty awesome too. I love this house, you're right, you can see its soul shining through the roughness. Beautiful!

Jane said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm going to be visiting here often! Yesterday, I was seriously going to make some Chile but couldn't find a decent recipe and here I find a great recipe on your blog this morning! I also love the pics of the old house(the one with the chair in the living room is my fave!). I do the exact same thing. I have a passion for old, run down buildings. They seem to have a story that I want to know. I was on a kick for a while with barn shots. I would stop anywhere there was an old barn, get out of the car and take a shot. I want to start doing that again.