Wednesday, October 8, 2008

bliss and joy




After a stressful work day, it is nice to spend some quality time on the cross trainer with The Lemonheads, Mogwai, Norah Jones, Nickel Creek, The Cure, and Tori Amos (of course). That sounds like a half an hour worth of music. I don't get to the gym quite as often as I should. All right, almost never. But I have good intentions. Honest, I do. I actually made it to the gym tonight. It was a crap rainy day, my honey had to work late and I figured "what the hey". (Oh no, I am starting to talk like Sarah Palin!) Yikes!
When I got home I made a delicious grilled cheese sandwich with goat cheese, and some Spanish cheese I picked up at Whole Foods on my yumm-o rosemary bread. So much for the calories I burned on the cross trainer. (Waaaaa, waaaa.) If you have ever seen Debbie Downer on Saturday Night Live, that is the sound I was going for. . .
I took a wonderful bath with my Lush marshmallow melting moment bath melt. It looks like a cupcake. (www.lush.com) I lit a strawberry candle and got comfortable. Corny, maybe, but I listened to Enya, while soaking in my marshmallow heaven and had a moment of bliss.
You can't have a perfect bath without following it up with a cup of tea, so the tea is poured and I am about to enjoy hot apple cider tea. mmmmmmmmm!
I am going to take the time to pamper myself like this more often. I deserve it! So do you! Now I am ready for the rest of the work week.

No comments: