Sunday, March 7, 2010

is it safe to come out yet?

This was the vision I endured throughout most of February.  I pray the only time I see it again is if I happen to glimpse at these pictures.  It was the most snowfall ever recorded in Pittsburgh. . .EVER.  These pics are from the first storm one month ago today.



When the weather starts getting nice I feel overwhelmed with the urge to go go go.  I want to explore and discover and experience all at once.  I got a major case of spring fever. 

Yesterday I received polaroid film in the mail and I can't wait to use it.  Acutally I think I might wait a little while though until the ugly sooty snow piles have completely melted.  Gimme some green!

I walked a lot outside this past week and it lifted my spirit quite a bit.  I try to go to the gym but it is a struggle for me.  I prefer outdoor activities for exercise.  Being in the fresh air with the birds and squirrels makes me happy.

My honey just got a panini maker so yesterday morning we tried it out with  bistro breakfast panini  I found in Taste of Home magazine.  We made it with Soignon goat brie and black forest bacon.  We also used whole wheat bread and the skipped the spinach because the fresh I had wasn't so fresh anymore. Delicious!

I had a "pamper myself" evening with some new Lush products.  If you haven't tried Lush you should!  The salespeople at the Macy's store are excited to show new products and demo on your skin.  I used a BB Seaweed mask on my face when I got home last night and it was awesome!  It is so soothing.  It is so fresh you have to keep it in the refrigerator.  I tried to look up that product online, but I couldn't find it.  Maybe it is only available for sale at the store.

Today I am resting.  Just want to hang out at home and watch the world go by my window.  Drinking tea and writing.  My favorite morning combo of teas has been a mixture of Samurai Chai Mate, White Ayurvedic Chai and Pear Lemon Panache lately.  In the evenings I have been loving on some Tiramisu Treviso.


the Teavana mix

I have been reading Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott.  It is amazing how her instructions when put into practice have helped me get rid of my writer's block.  I have tried a lot of different writing prompts but her advice actually works for me.  It quenches my soul to free the stories locked inside.

I hope you have a good week.  :-)

No comments: