Sunday, January 18, 2009

embracing french

i have been in a french mood lately. . .not sure what the gravitational pull is, but it is there.

Craving crepes from Crepes Parisiennes in Oakland, but haven't ventured yet, as the lines there are really long, and they aren't open very often. Maybe my honey and I will go there on Friday when I take the day off from work.

I have been sipping Les Confitures a l'Ancienne drinking chocolate from Mon Aimee Chocolate shop.

I want to get a Elastomoule Madeleines so that I can bake the little fluffy cakes at home.

I have been reading these. . .



watched this over the weekend. . .




And I have these books coming in the mail soon.

Breakfast, Lunch, Tea: The Many Little Meals of Rose Bakery



French Milk



now if I could just speak the language, since I took four quarters of it at Ohio State! :-)

2 comments:

Jane said...

I was just at a big indoor Farmer's Market with my son on Sunday. There was a crepe vendor. We make them at home with fresh strawberries and nutella and a little fresh whipped cream. Yummy!

There is just something about the images of Paris that make me smile!

cathleen said...

Hey, Chelle...couple of months ago I purchased Colette..Earthly Paradise...her autobiography...check it out...it's awesome...like savoring a delicious chocolate croissant...nibbling a little bit at a time and pondering on how good it is!!!